At UCLL, we offer comprehensive evaluations to assess the speech and language skills of individuals.
The evaluation and subsequent discussion typically last a total of four hours. Formal and informal assessment tools are used to examine:
- Expressive, receptive, and pragmatic language
- Speech/phonological processing disorders/apraxia
- Decoding, reading fluency, and comprehension (dyslexia)
- Specific language-learning disabilities
- Auditory processing
- Oral motor difficulties
Family members/caregivers are able to observe behind a one-way mirror.
Following these evaluations, clients and their families/caregivers are provided with a report that outlines:
- The client's present level of functioning
- Recommendations for speech and language therapy
- Activities for home practice
- School supports
Recommendations clearly outline the path the client needs to take to get the support needed to succeed both academically and in life.
For more information or to schedule an evaluation, please contact UCLL at (734) 764-8440 or email@example.com.
Consultations with our speech-language clinicians give clients and family members insight into the next steps they need to take to support academic success. During these consultations, we can:
- Review other professional reports
- Review school reports
- Review individual education plans (IEPs)
- Attend IEP meetings with family members
- Attend multidisciplinary evaluation team (MET) meetings with family members
- Offer guidance
Our language and literacy experts are here to answer clients’ and parents’ questions and help them provide for their own or their child’s educational needs.
For more information about consultations, please contact UCLL at (734) 764-8440 or firstname.lastname@example.org.